1958 MG A Roadster
|Estimate||£22,000 - £26,000|
- New hood fitted
- Converted to right hand drive
When the MGA arrived in 1955, it must have come as quite a shock to MG aficionados who had become accustomed to the pre-war look of the company's sports cars. It was a complete departure in styling and its beautiful streamlined body was right up to the minute in terms of appearance. It was powered by a new engine; MG had decided that the old XPAG unit had had its day and so introduced a much more modern B-Series engine that had made its debut in the recently announced Magnette saloon. The 'A' was officially launched at the Frankfurt Motor Show in 1955. Only 5,869 cars were sold on the home market, giving the MGA the highest export percentage of any British car and was replaced by the MGB in May 1962.
This delightful MGA presents well in dark green metallic with black trim piped in cream. Manufactured in 1958 and originally registered in the United States, 167 YUF was repatriated to the UK in 2011. On its return the car benefitted from a restoration which included a conversion to right hand drive and the fitment of a five speed gearbox. This handsome MGA has seen little use recently but fired into life when requested and we are informed is a delight to drive. The history file that accompanies this car includes a V5C registration document, previous MoT test certificates and sundry invoices. Sitting proudly on chrome wire wheels with a recently fitted new hood, this usable MGA is realistically priced.
Interested parties should satisfy themselves as to the description and condition of each lot prior to the sale. Accordingly, buyers are on notice that each vehicle is offered ‘as is/as seen’ subject to the Terms and Conditions for the auction. Buyers are advised to inspect the vehicle in person or use a professional to carry out this service. Historics will not entertain disputes over descriptions.