Lot 252 - 1984 Daimler DS420
|Odometer reading||69,423 miles|
The DS420, popularly known as the Daimler Limousine, was the last of the large formal limousines produced by The Daimler Company Limited between 1968 and 1992, a line which reached back to the dawn of motoring. The vehicles were used extensively as official state cars in many countries, including by the British, Danish and Swedish Royal families. Originally the cars were built at the Vanden Plas works in Kingsbury, North London. Early examples bore the ‘Daimler Vanden Plas’ designation on treadplates and workshop manuals, but production moved to Jaguar in Coventry in 1979, where it continued until 1992. The move to Coventry also brought the third and most extensive facelift in the car’s life, when larger bumpers and a revised rear number-plate surround were fitted. The British Royal Mews possess three Daimler DS420s for Royal use on state occasions and general use. The late Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother had four DS420 models over the years (all registered NLT 1 or NLT2), including one of the last three cars to be produced in 1992 (the other two going to Queen Elizabeth II, and the other being retained by Jaguar for use in Coventry.
This example presented in blue with contrasting black trim has recently been recommissioned having been stored as part of the Hertford collection. Professionally stored and boasting two additional occasional seats, this is a nice example of Daimler’s 420 Limousine having been fully repainted in the last 18 months. Offered with a UK V5C registration document.
Previous lotLot 251 - 1947 Jaguar Mk. IV (3.5 Litre)
Interested parties should satisfy themselves as to the description and condition of each lot prior to the sale. Accordingly, buyers are on notice that each vehicle is offered ‘as is/as seen’ subject to the Terms and Conditions for the auction. Buyers are advised to inspect the vehicle in person or use a professional to carry out this service. Historics will not entertain disputes over descriptions.