Lot 187 - 2009 Volkswagen Golf Mk6 Competition
|Estimate||£25,000 - £35,000|
This Volkswagen Golf Mk.6 Competition was built to a very high standard in 2017 with a substantial amount of money spent on various upgrades. Eligible for the VW Championship amongst many other events, or similarly track days, the Golf could also easily be converted to fast road use. This car has had one shake down at a local circuit since it was built in 2017. The build included a full strip back to the bare shell with the use of a jig to insure it was in the best possible order. A full bare metal respray was undertaken inside and out and a full Mk.6 VW Racing body kit was fitted including rear wing and a FIA approved roll cage. The interior includes an alcantara dash, OMP steering wheel, carbon fibre door cards, FIA Sparco seats and harnesses, an integrated fire extinguisher and a DL1 data logger. The suspension, gearbox and engine have also been heavily modified and upgraded and are all in excellent order. This is a rare opportunity to acquire such a car, it is huge amounts of fun and is extremely fast!
The following work has been completed to the car:
• Full strip to bare shell using a jig to insure it is straight.
• Full bare metal respray inside and out.
• Full MK.6 VW racing body kit including rear wing.
• Full FIA approved roll cage.
• Raised gear tower.
• Alcantara dashboard.
• OMP alcantara steering wheel.
• Carbon fibre door cards.
• FIA approved Sparco seat.
• FIA approved TRS harness.
• Integrated fire extinguisher.
• DL1 data logger.
• Isolator switch.
• Raised footwell to allow for pedal box.
• Re-coded ECU.
• OBP pedal box with Tilton brake bias adjuster.
• Remote reservoir under bonnet for front/rear brakes and clutch.
• New Standard rear brakes.
• New Alcon Pro 5000+ race spec calipers with Vagbremtechic two piece bell and rotor discs.
• Pagid RS29 race spec brake pads.
• 710 race brake fluid.
• All new braided brake lines.
WHEELS AND TYRES
• 6 x new Team Dynamics 9” wheels.
• 8 x refurbished Team Dynamics 8” wheels.
• 1 set of slick tyres.
• 1 x set of used wet tyres.
• 1 x set of Toyo cut slick tyres.
• MOTON three-way adjustable, remote reservoir race suspension which has been fully refreshed with adjustable AST top mounts.
• Audi S3 hubs.
• Audi TT lower arms and adjustable bottom ball joints.
• Adjustable drop links.
• Three-way adjustable front and rear roll bars.
• New wheel bearings.
• Fully striped, powder coated and poly bushed front and rear axles.
• New track rod inner and outer arms/joints.
• New wheel stud and nut conversion kit fitted.
• Fully stripped, inspected, and refreshed.
• Gripper differential fully refreshed and re-shimmed by Gripper.
• Driveshafts refreshed.
• Partial strip to inspect and rebuild. (like new)
• New boost and air flow meter sensors.
• New boost hoses.
• Turbo partially stripped and checked. (like New)
• New timing chain kit installed.
• New timing belt kit and water pump replaced.
• New oil pick-up and strainer.
• All new service parts.
• New ignition coils.
• Full racing Miltek exhaust system.
• Single mass lightweight flywheel with diesel clutch fitted.
The health and safety of both our customers and team remains the utmost priority, we are therefore operating to Government guidelines throughout viewing and auction day.
Previous lotLot 186 - 1977 Aston Martin V8 Series III
Interested parties should satisfy themselves as to the description and condition of each lot prior to the sale. Accordingly, buyers are on notice that each vehicle is offered ‘as is/as seen’ subject to the Terms and Conditions for the auction. Buyers are advised to inspect the vehicle in person or use a professional to carry out this service. Historics will not entertain disputes over descriptions.