Circa 1940 Warwick Tricycle
The John Warrick Cycles company was started in 1900 by John Warrick, the son of a Reading bargee. He was originally a gunsmith, being apprenticed to William Soper and the two had considerable success with manufacturing complex, very accurate but slightly unreliable rifles. After some years, the market in guns declined and Warrick turned his attention to the growing trade of bicycle manufacturing and he used both the Warrick and Monarch brands in their factory on the Caversham Road, Reading. The company specialised in delivery and later motorized tricycles, especially for ice-cream and for food delivery.
Thought to have been manufactured around 1940, this Warrick Tricycle was restored in 1992 by Alan Jones and George Dawes with help from John Pinkerton, a cycle historian. Ideal for a trip to the shops, office art or corporate advertising.
Interested parties should satisfy themselves as to the description and condition of each lot prior to the sale. Buyers are advised to inspect the car in person or use a professional to carry out this service.