Lot 110 - 1926 Morris Cowley Tourer
|Odometer reading||2,965 miles|
|Result||Sold - £15,848|
Morris Motors began in 1912 when bicycle manufacturer, William Morris, moved on from the sale, hire and repair of cars to car manufacturing. He planned a new light car assembled from bought-in components; in this way he was able to retain ownership by keeping within the bounds of his own capital resources. A factory was opened in 1913 at the former Oxford Military College in Cowley, Oxford, where Morris's first car, the two-seat Morris Oxford 'Bullnose' was assembled. Morris Cowley was a name given to various cars produced by the Morris Motor Company from 1915 to 1958. In 1926, the Bullnose radiator was replaced by a flat version known as the Flatnose and built by Morris until 1931.
This lovely flat nose radiator example of this attractive classic is finished in black with black leather seating including the dickey seat and comes with its black hood. The present vendor has owned the car for 11 years and it was the subject of a nut and bolt restoration prior to his ownership. It has won numerous awards which come with the vehicle and there are many old MoT test certificates from 1988 until they were no longer required. The present owner has had the car in dry storage whilst in his ownership, starting it regularly. A fun classic which will always turn heads and bring a smile to faces wherever it goes. Fun!
Interested parties should satisfy themselves as to the description and condition of each lot prior to the sale. Accordingly, buyers are on notice that each vehicle is offered ‘as is/as seen’ subject to the Terms and Conditions for the auction. Buyers are advised to inspect the vehicle in person or use a professional to carry out this service. Historics will not entertain disputes over descriptions.