Lot 127 - 1938 Fordson Van
|Odometer reading||30,247 miles|
|Estimate||£14,000 - £18,000|
|Result||Sold - £13,440|
The Fordson E83W is a 10 cwt (half ton) light commercial vehicle that was built at the Dagenham assembly plant, home of Fordson tractors, between 1938 and 1957. The E83W was aimed at the small haulage, trade and merchant market sectors in which it sold well. An estate car variant was also available. During and after World War II, many specialist variations such as mobile canteens, ice cream vans and even fire pumps were built on the E83W chassis. The E83W was powered by the 1,172 cc Ford 10hp side valve engine, with a 3-speed gearbox and was heavily geared down in the rear axle. This made the Fordson much slower than the saloons, with an effective top speed of not much over 40 mph. Apart from the 10hp engine, the E83W shares few parts with the other small Fords, which does make spares a little harder to get hold of.
This delightful van is presented in an extremely smart blue and black livery, the paintwork is in good order. The engine starts ‘on the button’ and runs well. With a good interior, this rare Fordson panel van has been restored in recent years and used sparingly of late. Ideal for office art or for advertising, this Fordson represents a great opportunity to purchase a piece of pre-war motoring history.
Previous lotLot 126 - 1967 Land Rover Series II Soft Top (88’’)
Interested parties should satisfy themselves as to the description and condition of each lot prior to the sale. Buyers are advised to inspect the car in person or use a professional to carry out this service.