Lot 142 - 2004 Smart Roadster
|Odometer reading||37,815 miles|
|Result||Sold - £11,760|
This fabulous ‘pocket rocket’ is a replica of a Smart V6 Bi-turbo Brabus! The V6 Bi-turbo Brabus was never produced for the open market and Smart only built ten models and then destroyed all but two, with the remaining two now in museums. This car won 1st place for its design in 2011 at Italy's 'Smart Times', the biggest event of its kind, the car also won 3rd place for tuning and performance at the same venue. It then went on to win 2nd place in 2012 at Belgium's 'Smart Times' for tuning and performance and was driven to both of the above countries, driving superbly on both occasions.
• All body panels are original from Mercedes-Benz.
• Diamond cut alloy wheels
• Hi-spec brake system throughout.
• Braided hose on brake and fuel systems.
• Spax coil over suspension
• Ferrari red colour
• Custom cut louvres on engine bay
• Removable split roof
• 1.3 turbo Toyota starlet engine producing 145 BHP
• Custom made engine bay
• Formula One heat resistant padding in engine bay
• 5-speed manual transmission
• Custom made fuel tank to front of the car
• Custom made intercooler
• Custom made water header tank
• Custom made pedal box with clutch
• Alcantara covered Sparco racing seats with diamond stitching and dashboard with red piping
• Digital dials fitted and calibrated
• 4 point Willans harness fitted to both seats
• Stereo system fitted and concealed in dash
An extremely exhilarating car, which is enormous fun to drive on the road or indeed to take to the track for club events such as hill climbing and sprinting. Taking into consideration the amount of money spent on this car to produce such a fabulous piece of engineering, it is now offered at a fraction of that cost.
Interested parties should satisfy themselves as to the description and condition of each Lot prior to the sale. Accordingly, buyers are on notice that each vehicle is offered ‘as is/as seen’ subject to the Terms and Conditions for the auction. All registration numbers, engine and chassis details are sourced from registration documents provided to Historics by the client or representative or HPI checks and buyers are to satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of these details. Buyers are advised to inspect the vehicle in person or use a professional to carry out this service. Historics will not entertain disputes over descriptions.