Lot 117 - 1995 Studebaker Commander
|Odometer reading||20,135 miles|
|Result||Sold - £5,936|
Studebaker began using the Commander name in 1927 and continued to use it until 1964. Until the appearance of the 8-cylinder President in January 1928, all Studebaker cars of the 1920s were six cylinder cars. Their inbuilt durability and toughness gained them great renown under worldwide conditions. This changed in 1929 when a V8 Commander was introduced. Immediately following World War II, Studebaker dropped its President models and the Commander was elevated in the line-up.
The example presented here today has a 1994 Ford V8 engine with a five speed manual transmission fitted, works undertaken, in the USA, by Contagious Customs Illinois. It was originally white, when acquired by the vendor in Illinois, but was changed to its current two-tone design to match the interior. The rear axle has been re-built in the UK by Andy Robinson Race Cars at Basingstoke, replacing the rear brake drums and shoes at the same time. The interior is original with no rips or tears and with no corrosion reported underneath. It has been converted, for ease, to a 12 volt system and there are good tyres all round. Owned now for two and half years it has been used regularly with over 2,000 miles travelled. Complete with a UK registration certificate, copy of the import certificate and USA Certificate of Title, this striking American classic is offered at no reserve.
Previous lotLot 116 - 1970 Fiat Abarth 595S Recreation
Interested parties should satisfy themselves as to the description and condition of each lot prior to the sale. Accordingly, buyers are on notice that each vehicle is offered ‘as is/as seen’ subject to the Terms and Conditions for the auction. Buyers are advised to inspect the vehicle in person or use a professional to carry out this service. Historics will not entertain disputes over descriptions.