Lot 264 - 1960 Morgan 4/4 Sports
|Odometer reading||0 miles|
|Estimate||£16,000 - £20,000|
|Result||Sold - £19,824|
The Morgan Motor Company was, until recently, a famously family-owned company founded in 1910 by Henry Frederick Stanley Morgan in Malvern, Worcestershire. The early cars were two-seat or four-seat three-wheelers with four-wheelers coming later in 1936; the first being the 4/4, four wheels and four cylinders. The Morgan +4 was introduced in 1950 as a larger-engined car and used the 2088cc Standard Vanguard engine.
Much cherished, this gleaming example of the Malvern's classic 1960's 4/4 benefits from a full and comprehensive restoration just last year. Every single part has been taken of the chassis and both the body and Ash frame have been stripped and sandblasted with this current new lustrous red paintwork applied. The exhaust system is a new stainless steel unit and the original Ford 1,172cc engine has been cleaned and reliably renovated. The electrical system is new as is the braking system, including the servos and we are informed that the manual gearbox operates very well. Internally, the upholstery is hard to fault as it has been comprehensively replaced; likewise with the tonneau and convertible roof. Fully UK registered, this must represent one of the finest and best value early Morgans available today.
Previous lotLot 263 - 1968 MG C Roadster
Interested parties should satisfy themselves as to the description and condition of each lot prior to the sale. Buyers are advised to inspect the car in person or use a professional to carry out this service.