Lot 227 - 1967 Lancia Flavia Coupé
|Odometer reading||6,800 miles|
|Estimate||£10,000 - £14,000|
Launched in 1961, the Flavia saloon maintained Lancia's enviable reputation for advanced and innovative automotive engineering. Designed by Antonio Fessia and inspired by his Cemsa prototype of 1947, the Flavia was Italy's first series-production car to employ front-wheel drive. Carried well forward of the front wheels, the engine was a 1,488cc, overhead-valve, horizontally-opposed, four-cylinder unit; suspension was independent at the front and by beam axle at the rear and there were dual-circuit, servo-assisted disc brakes all round. The saloon was joined by the shorter-wheelbase Pininfarina-styled coupé in 1962, the latter providing the basis for a convertible version by Vignale. An attractive four-seater sports car, in 1963 the range was updated with a 1,800cc engine, which produced 92bhp.
This extremely handsome Flavia coupé was first registered on 28th December 1967 and is fitted with the more desirable 1800cc fuel injected engine. The blue coachwork is in good condition and is complemented by a burgundy interior, also in very good condition. We are advised WGU 710F drives very well, although the vendor has asked us to point out that the clutch judders and may need some attention. A good history file is supplied, along with a V5 registration document and an MoT test certificate valid until 5th September 2015. This righthand drive Lancia is a very good, thoroughly useable example, offering grace and style all in one.
Interested parties should satisfy themselves as to the description and condition of each lot prior to the sale. Accordingly, buyers are on notice that each vehicle is offered ‘as is/as seen’ subject to the Terms and Conditions for the auction. Buyers are advised to inspect the vehicle in person or use a professional to carry out this service. Historics will not entertain disputes over descriptions.