Lot 170 - 1960 12870 C15 Star
|Odometer reading||42,060 miles|
|Estimate||£1,500 - £2,000|
|Result||Sold - £1,120|
The BSA C15 was a 250cc single-cylinder ohv motorcycle manufactured between 1958 and 1967 and was BSA's first four-stroke unit-construction bike. At that period, a 250cc was the largest capacity bike that a learner could ride on L-plates in the United Kingdom and, as such, was attractive to riders with provisional licences. The BSA C15 250cc four-stroke was derived from the 200cc Triumph Tiger Cub, itself coming from the 150cc Terrier. The BSA C15 'Star' was the first unit construction model and proved more reliable and economical than its predecessor, the pre-unit BSA C11. The C15 also had a completely redesigned frame proving popular with many riders of the 1960's.
This unusual example has been partially restored by the vendor in recent years. Unusual because it has been painted a dark green colour as opposed to the more traditional blue or red. It also benefits from a full carburettor rebuild as well as an MoT test certificate valid until May 2015. In good running order and competitively priced, this classic 'Star' is ready to take to the roads again...
Interested parties should satisfy themselves as to the description and condition of each lot prior to the sale. Accordingly, buyers are on notice that each vehicle is offered ‘as is/as seen’ subject to the Terms and Conditions for the auction. Buyers are advised to inspect the vehicle in person or use a professional to carry out this service. Historics will not entertain disputes over descriptions.