Lot 190 - 1974 13112 Antelope Trials (Low-fender)
|Estimate||£1,000 - £2,000|
|Result||Sold - £3,696|
W.E. Wassell Ltd. was founded in 1946 by Ted Wassell to
distribute spares for motorcycles. By 1967 Wassell had moved to a
purpose built factory and warehouse in Burntwood and was
manufacturing a large range of metal accessories and spares. In
1972, the success of the company's alloy fuel tanks and mudguards,
popular with the competition fraternity, encouraged the addition of
complete frame kits to be offered suitable for the BSA Bantam
engine to be fitted by owners. The natural progression was for a
complete machine to be developed for motorcross, enduro and trials.
These were powered by Fichtel and Sachs engines at a list price of
£315. Many of these machines were to be exported as Mudlark and
Antelope models with some 3,000 produced in total, they were mainly
with Ceriani forks, Dunlop wheels, Girling shocks and Wassell alloy
The low-fender Wassell Antelope seen here is a very good example of the marque in surprisingly original and un-restored condition. Supplied with a Sachs engine and an Amal concentric carburettor, this was last taxed in 2002 and forms part of an important private (static) collection.
Interested parties should satisfy themselves as to the description and condition of each lot prior to the sale. Accordingly, buyers are on notice that each vehicle is offered ‘as is/as seen’ subject to the Terms and Conditions for the auction. Buyers are advised to inspect the vehicle in person or use a professional to carry out this service. Historics will not entertain disputes over descriptions.