Lot 203 - 1934 OK Supreme 250cc

Lot 203 - 1934 OK Supreme 250cc

Lot 203 - 1934 OK Supreme 250cc

Lot Number 203
Registration UN8546
Chassis Number 20496
Engine Number 8/0/R459
Estimate £5,500 - £8,500

In 1882, Ernie Humphries and Charles Dawes founded 'OK' as bicycle manufacturers. They experimented with powered bicycles in 1899 and 1906 before making a two-stroke motorcycle using a Precision engine in 1911. Before the First World War, they had produced motorcycles with Precision, De Dion, Minerva, and Green engines. Their first entry in the Isle of Man TT, in 1912, led to a ninth place and mainly modest results came during the following years when OK-Supreme machines finished in every place from 1st, in the 1928 Lightweight TT, to 10th. In the 1922 TT the fastest lap was set by Wal L. Handley at 51mph on an OK-Supreme but he failed to finish the race. After the First World War, OK produced a 292cc two-stroke motor of its own but also produced models using Blackburne, Bradshaw, and JAP engines. In the 1930s OK Supreme produced a Lighthouse 250cc and 348cc model, so named because of the little inspection window in the cam tower, which was OK-Supreme's final model.

This 1934 OK Supreme 250cc, fitted with a single cylinder 250cc JAP engine, is described by the vendor as in very good condition throughout having been completely restored some time ago before being kept in storage for many years. The frame is restored in black with red mud guards and fitted with a red and silver petrol tank. This rare pre-World War Two motorcycle is ready to drive away and use and is supplied with V5C registration document and an MoT test certificate which expires in June 2012.

Interested parties should satisfy themselves as to the description and condition of each lot prior to the sale. Buyers are advised to inspect the car in person or use a professional to carry out this service.

Web design & build by Edgebound